Monday, February 18, 2019

A Tale of Two Loves...More Time Please!

Well, I have been away from this blog for far too long! As you all know, life moves in fast forward as one gets older, and that is definitely been the case with me!

Trying to slow it down at work, I have been working 4 days one week and 3 days the next, and LOVING it!! It gives me more time for hobbies, and of course I've taken more on.

I am always so torn between lampwork beadmaking and jewellery design. Here's an example:

I'm trying to use up some of my glass stash (could take several lifetimes!) so I made these scrollwork beads with a Lauscha Lavender glass that I only have a couple of rods left.


Torn between listing them for sale to other jewellery designers and making them into earrings for sale to jewellery customers I decided on the latter.

Oh the vagaries of photography and lighting! The bottom photo is more accurate on my monitor...more of a blue-lavender than a pink-lavender. The Swarovski crystals are Tanzanite, and they have .925 sterling silver earwires.

Available on my website for $15.

No comments: